Are you aware about your Password Security?
If not then this is probably the time to think about it in a serious manner. According to a study conducted the top ten most used passwords were:
"Everyone needs to understand what the combination of poor passwords means in today's world of automated cyber attacks: with only minimal effort, a hacker can gain access to one new account every second-or 1000 accounts every 17 minutes," said Amichai Shulman, Imperva's chief technical officer.
"Employees using the same passwords on Facebook that they use in the workplace bring the possibility of compromising enterprise systems with insecure passwords, especially if they are using easy to crack passwords like '123456'," he added.
It is time before you should realize its importance. With the growth of social services and applications getting you busy, we should mange it with utmost care.
Here are top 10 ways to best use your password.
- Create a password with minimum six characters.
- Use combination of characters and numbers
- Don’t use generic passwords like password, mypassword or password123
- Keep changing your passwords every week.
- Don’t keep the same password for all your application
- You can maintain a diary or a notepad to preserve your passwords
- If possible always connect it to another account
- For email accounts always use security question and its answer that only you are aware.
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Don’t store your password online.
Waiting for your comments and suggestions.