Non-Latin characters are being used for top-level domains

Non-Latin characters are being used for top-level domains

For the first time in the history of the Internet, non-Latin characters are being used for top-level domains. The first IDN country-code top-level domains were inserted in the DNS root zone earlier today. The associated countries and their respective IDN ccTLDs are:

Egypt: مصر (Egypt)
Saudi Arabia: السعودية (AlSaudiah)
United Arab Emirates: امارات (Emarat)

These are the first IDN ccTLDs to appear online as a result of the IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process which was approved by the ICANN Board at its annual meeting in Seoul, South Korea on 30 October 2009.


Thanks for providing such a great resource. Your site is one of the best, and i will definitely refer it to my site visitors.

Bradley Holton.

How exactly does that work?

this site will really guide people.
Thanks for info

Really a great piece of information shared by you with all.. i am really impressed by your blog and will surely visit it again for more such information.

Thanks for Sharing,
SEO Company India

This post gives me an new knowledge about top-level domains,
I don't really have much idea about it and thanks to your blog.
It gives me information I need to know.

A nice article with a great stuff of information, I really like that. This is really interesting site that gives huge of information to all readers thanks a lot.

Thanks for sharing this information, which is really very much helpful to me. Keep posting more and more.

I just found your website and bookmarked it in delicious. There is a ton of good information here for me to learn from. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this blog. Your comment is awaiting moderation and will be live soon.